[Introspective] Resurrectionist

A.C. R actuali at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 11:05:12 PDT 2006

I know there's a tendancy to feel that tracks like the Resurrectionist and
Fugitive should have been on the album, but if they'd been included we'd
probably still be complaining that some other tracks should have been on the
record instead. It's just how it goes.

The Resurrectionist is good, and really cool, but as a dance track it's
quite indescript and nothing special. And Fugitive is completely slagging
off New Order (and even early Electronic). I can see why they've not been
put on the album.

Now, one thing I will note is that PSB probably screwed up the track order
for Fundamental. If you listen to the earlier (or Japanese) track order,
then to me the album plays quite amazingly. In this order, I can definitely
see that the album is the PSB's best since Very, and very much in the vein
of Actually and Behaviour (one mught even see it as a version of Nightlife
that actually works). But with the UK/European track order, the've arrested
the pacing of the album, and you're never quite able to get into the groove
of it.

But, as far as B-sides, I do feel that Release would have been dramatically
improved had "Always" and "I didn't get where I am today" been on the album,
and quite possibly one or two of the other Release b-sides. It's with
Release that PSB really missed the boat.

-Ali