[Introspective] (no subject)

Kirsty Chestnutt svelteness at totalise.co.uk
Sun Sep 26 23:56:48 PDT 2004

George Davson <gdavson at brookes.ac.uk> wrote:

> Can I ask, who here was actually there, getting wet?

I was! On the upper terrace at the front on the right hand side. Wasn't getting wet
though, cos I had come straight from a festival and had my army waterproof poncho on :)

> Personally, I thought the PSB score for Battleship Potemkin was
> a knockout. I'd never seen the film before.

It was fantastic. I do hope there will be a DVD.

> PS When the rather annoying ICA bloke was introducing the film,
> and wittering on at great length about previous political
> demonstrations in Trafalgar Square, a group of people near me
> began to bristle.

Then they are idiots. IMHO it was a brilliant introduction - there's not enough politics
in general discussion these days. Given that the film is a call to arms for the working
class, it was important to give that context to the film.

> Finally one of them could contain herself no longer: "They've
> deliberately left out the Countryside March!"

Can't blame them for leaving it out, as the demostrations the guy was talking about were
_anti-war_ and _working class_ demoes (to fit the themes of the film). There were hundreds
of other demonstrations that were not mentioned, not only the Countryside ones. But it's
typical that Countryside supporters would get on their high horse about it, and not
realise the true situation.

Grrrr.

Kirsty

---- Message sent via Totalise Webmail - http://www.totalise.co.uk/