[Introspective] Re: Get Bent.

James Cherry girliedrinker at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Sep 25 13:48:41 PDT 2004

Corey:

> The first single Comin' Back is really uplifting and I would love to hear
remixes.

The Reverso 68 mix is pretty good, faithful to the original too.

> All of the Bent albums are terrific for electronic pop fans, although the
first two are much more "quirky" in their tone, almost reminiscent of
Lemonjelly.

Odd then that the new Bent album adopts the LemonJelly method of not using
samples, instead creating their own. Although "Comin' Back" B-side "You Have
Been Watching" sounds utterly like LemonJelly, who I've gone off a bit. The
last album had very little longevity.

> Ariels to me is more like the Mandalay or Zero 7 albums.

Argh, I knew it'd be compared to Zero 7! How is that a good thing?

JPC