[Introspective] Where's my $10?

Aloysius Fairbanks aloysius_fairbanks at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 19:23:30 PST 2004

This message is the biggest load of cow-cookies I've EVER read.  I have several points, Gardner:

1.  I don't believe for a second that ANYBODY paid 9,000 UKP for these acetates.  Furthermore, people who ordered the cd-rs are actually getting MORE than just the stuff on the Metropolis Mastering acetates.  It's a bang up deal and the people who've received the things I sent out are very happy with them.

2.  You HAD ABSOLUTELY NO INTENTION of offering these to the general public.  There's no reason for you to lie.  You're just pissed off because *I* gave EVERYBODY the opportunity to own something that you and the other "elite" collectors wanted to hoard for your own enjoyment.

3.  I acquired these tracks FAIR AND SQUARE.  It was a totally honest transaction.

4.  You say you didn't want these things to "leak too early."  HOW EARLY CAN SOMETHING BE LEAKED (such as the Yesterday When I Was Mad stuff) when it was already RELEASED ten years ago?!?!

5.  If you searched around for investors to help defray the cost of this supposed 9,000 UKP, I'm SURE you asked for a lot more money than what I did when I put these cd-rs together.

Stop feeding these people your bullshit, Steffen...You're just pissed off because I gave people the opportunity to own something unique and fun before you had the chance to profit from the SAME STUFF.  You're also pissed off because you can't hoard up the material for you and your "elite" crowd.  Grow up and learn to speak English.

TheGardner <steffen.gaertner at psb-onpage.de> wrote:

> I really don't think $10 is out of line. It can be a real
> pain in the ass to take on a project such as this.

yes you're right! 10 bucks are a good price for burning a CD and sending
them off to the person who wants. But I can't stand the fact that someone,
who get somethings with lies, aliases and untrue stories - finally pretend
to have somethings others don't have and making money with....

The tracks firstly were bought by a German PSB collector for around 9.000 UK
Pounds (the sellers really know what they can get these days :-/). We first
tried to search for fans, who would buy copies to put that amount on several
shoulders, so the first payer will have the original acetates for a price
they're worth and have some money back for future 'appearings'. This step
wasn't finished yet (eh Durst already hear you waving around...), but it's
always a thin line between trying to get money back from a expensive deal
and to take care that somethings don't leak too early. Hope you
understand...

Cheers :-)