[Introspective] Paris City boy & spellings

Derek B Donnell derekbd at austin.rr.com
Sat Apr 3 17:39:26 PST 2004

Turned on the dance channel on Music Choice (the collection of digital music
channels that we get on Time Warner cable) and I was floored to see/hear
"Paris City boy" being played.
Very strange that such a track would make it to US playlist in any fashion.

Other topic: I know this is one of those nit-picky little details that only
a few of you care about, but which are the proper/official spellings (note
the capitals) of these tracks?

West End Girls [or West End girls]
Opportunities (Let's make lots of money) [or Opp... (let's...)]
Go west [or Go West]

Tracks from Release bug me because on the cd label everything is
capitalized!

How about songs for other artists when the PSB do them?

Losing my mind (as on the Jealousy single) or
Losing My Mind (as on Liza's Results)

You get the picture.  I know the basic rule of  thumb to be ony the first
word is capitalized, unless referring to a proper noun (Don Juan, Dreaming
of the Queen) and to oneself (I don't know what ... but I can't give ...)
and I know there are exceptions, some of which are bizarre (The Theatre ...
just noticed that one.)

babbling ,
--Dk

btw I have some gay porno mpgs on Soulseek now also!