[Introspective] Miracles...is AMAZING

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Tue Sep 23 08:27:24 PDT 2003

Some thoughts--

Once again, the PSB blow me away.  Hearing 'Miracles' gives me the kind
of feeling that the best PSB songs deliver--for me it reminds me of the
first time I heard "Where the Streets have no name", "Somewhere",
"Tonight is Forever", "Closer to Heaven"...etc.....Miracles just has
that "thing" that is so eloquently PSB...the words and theme are so
uplifting, and yet the sound of the music is so desperate and almost
sad--it's got that ironic twist: It's like the person Neil is
describing in the song is unattainable and not someone to have or be
with.  It's almost like it is about an unrequited love...

I too can't wait for remixes--my God, for those fans of the late
Trouser Enthusiasts, could you imagine one of their mixes??!!  WOW!  I
certainly hope we aren't shafted with remixers again--why can't the PSB
get back on track again with who they use?  Thank God Dave Gahan has
been using amazing mixers for his latest solo efforts...and even Annie
Lennox-- I'd applaud the PSB for using Gabriel and Dresden (they'd do a
great job), Junkie XL, Scumfrog, Sander Kleinenberg, or Lexicon
Avenue...there are so many great remixers out there...if the PSB stick
to some annoying overly "circuity" type or some minimal "has no energy"
remixer, I will be so APPALLED!  I think we have waited long enough for
a triumphant return to LEADING with remixes, not the fodder from
Release (Blank and Jones, Westbam, Superchumbo, and Felix da
Housecat)--YUCK!

As for a DVD, I really like the name VideoArt, and as long as it has
all videos and the Neil and Chris commentary, I will be very happy.  I
think however they should wait for all singles to be released off of
PopArt (that is, Miracles AND Flamboyant, if it gets a full release)
and include those videos as well.  I agree that Videography was
annoying because they left off Was it Worth it!  Ugh...

And finally--about that amiannoying.com review--I voted that the PSB
are NOT annoying, but I laughed at all the reasons why they SHOULD be
voted annoying--especially Neil's bit about how WEG at number one was
like having a cup of tea!  Ha!  I can SO hear him saying that, the
annoying bloke! :)

<remark, believing miracles can happen>