[Introspective] Miracles (Lemon Sh*t mix) / We're the PSB (different edit) / "Cher-Bot" overkill (x-post)

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Wed Nov 19 21:25:52 PST 2003

Petheads--

Couple of comments on the 'Miracles' release:

1) The "Lemon Jelly" mix SUCKS.  What the hell?  I'm SO TIRED of the
PSB FALLING BEHIND all other artists when it comes to remixers.  PSB
used to LEAD and now, well, they don't even follow!  They just do
'weird' things with their mixes (I have yet to hear the Eric P. mix).
Miracles is literally DEMANDING a "fresh and dancefloor friendly"
mix...I mean, look at even Annie Lennox, recently using Gabriel and
Dresden, Sander Kleinenberg (!) and Mr. Rohaufer.  I'm just OVER the
PSB losing out and having the crappiest mixes to some of their most
amazing songs!!  And what of this apparent "extended mix"--I hardly
call a 5 minute version an "extended mix", sounds like the PSB just
added the bit in the beginning and the end.  I wanted an 8+ minute mix
that was similar but yet even more amazing (can anyone say 'extended
mix' of IDK??)...UGH.

2) We're the Pet Shop Boys ROCKS!!!!!!!! Love this song!  So fun, and
so cool--makes me reflect on my PSB loving history since 1984!
Something very interesting though--the 'official' release has Chris
going through a vocoder when he reads the song titles....but on the PSB
website when you choose to listen to the audio on the lyrics section,
Chris is NOT going through a vocoder!  Also--the sample on the website
has some different echo effects that have been dropped in the official
release.  Minor observation,  but cool!

3) Transparent is weak at best.  It may grow on me.  But I am SOOOOO
OVER the PSB using that frickin' 'Cher-bot' vocoder thingy!  GOD!
Let's add that to the list of all the other songs during the 'Release'
era!!  If they use that darn thing again....ugh!

Anyway, I'm still SOOOO giddy about being surrounded by all this new
PSB goodness!!  Woohooo!!!!

Oh and one more thing--did anyone read the BBC 2 transcript from their
live chat?  Chris says that 'somebody really good is making a version
of a really good PSB song at the moment'....hmmm....what's that all
about?

<remark, silent before you>