[Introspective] Behaviour craving

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Thu May 8 11:32:04 PDT 2003

On Wed, 7 May 2003 Visually69 at aol.com wrote:

> <<But behaviour doesn't contain any guitars of the kind that Release has,
> release is indeed 'moody' - but far from all songs would classify as
> behaviour
> material I'd say :-)>>
>
> Well I'm thinking more along the lines of the overall "feel" of behaviour --
> the crispness, the mood, the "aura," the psychological tempo of the overall
> collection.  The Release album and its b-sides, taken together, are the
> closest thing to Behaviour in this regard that I've been able to come across.

I understand what you're aiming at - but Release (which I think is highly
underrated) doesn't give me the 'chills' that Behaviour does. When I thought of
'behaviour too' - I wanted the same feeeling re: the themes of the songs,
similar instruments/synths, a general 'moody' feeling and tunes that generally
sounded like how PSB sounded back in '90-'91. 'Release' is a far more acoustic
album (in general) and could have been made almost whenever in their career if
they'd wanted to. Many of the songs that you mention below just don't qualify
(for me) since I think they either sound too outdated or to new to be a part of
B2.

All in all it's just a matter of taste I guess, but Release isn't Behaviour 2,
it's 'Release' - a bloody fantastic album in it's own!

> If one selects other PSB songs solely on the basis of their quality in
> relation to the Behaviour material (disregarding, if need be, the "feel" of
> the material), then songs such as "King's Cross," "Rent," "Do I have to?" the
> 1993 Hacienda version of "Violence," "To step aside," and "Birthday Boy"
> would certainly be included in one's collection.

/Mats

                *   Mats Bjorkman,  Spare Time Investigator   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 70 730 07 80
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'