[Introspective] The "Definitive Ratings"...via the PSB Parliament!

Remark Communications remark at mac.com
Sun Jun 29 19:23:06 PDT 2003

Good day global Petheads...

I wonder if any of you have had a chance to check out Wayne's "Rating
Project" in detail under the "Extras" area on his site.  Basically
since he started this project he has been compiling ALL of the PSB
songs and ranking them by our voted points.  Every week it seems
roughly the same 160 or so people are voting, which I have humorously
come to call the "PSB Parliament".  Considering no one has ever
undertaken this kind of project before, and however unscientific it may
be, I think we PSB fans can now say we have a "definitive guide" to the
QUALITY of all PSB songs, based on the FANS' opinions!

I think the results are fascinating!

On a side note, I was sad to see "Love is a Catastrophe" end up in last
place during the Release ratings.  I think this song is one of the best
PSB songs ever...but interestingly I originally didn't think that at
all.  When Release came out I thought it was okay, but this year I
suffered from a serious break-up and hence severe heartache...and I can
tell you the FIRST thing I went for was my Release CD and "Love is a
Catastrophe" took on an entirely new meaning!  I had never experienced
that kind of sadness in a PSB song before: there's nothing like being
drunk off wine, with tears streaming down one's face, BLASTING "Love is
a Catastrophe" at full volume...all the while realizing your
relationship is over!!!  So intense!  Similarly, "You Choose" became
paramount because it described what happened to me EXACTLY...so that
one "jumped up in the ranks" on my own mental "rating project"....!!!
I guess my point is, those songs ROCK and I know now where Neil was
coming from!!!

Ah, so good!

<remark, who chose to love>