[Introspective] Re: naming bands and a Trivia Question

Two divided by zero 2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com
Thu Jun 19 21:45:40 PDT 2003

The Virtual One wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Two divided by zero wrote:
>
>> Nathanjashworth at aol.com wrote:
>>

>>> "....songs like 'Tainted Love' and 'Love is strange'...."
>>
>> Actually, i think 'Love is strange' is an oblique reference to 'Strange
>> Love' from Depeche Mode, isn't it?
>
> Hardly, wasn't 'I want to wake up' written before Stange Love was released???

In a fast research in the All Music (http://www.allmusic.com):

Strange love was released in 1987 and so was the Actually album. Anybody can
talk about in which month of that year each one was released? But since was
in the same year is most likely not to be the DM song.

In the other hand, 'Love is a stranger' from Eurythmics was released in 1983
and this could be the so called song referred in 'I want to wake up'.

I searched 'Love is strange' in allmusic and returned a lot of songs,
recorded by a bunch of people, and no-one of that have anything to do with
Soft Cell. So the doubt remains...

[]s

2/0
ps: I wish PSB had played this '93 version of 'I want to wake up' in the
Discovery tour. I would be nice. :) But 'King's Cross' was very nice though.

T W O   D I V I D E D   B Y   Z E R O
"Nothing is wasted, only reproduced"
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com
mailto:contact at twodividedbyzero.com