[Introspective] Final results of The Rating Project: PSB songs written for others

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 27 00:04:08 PDT 2003

The final results are in of my Pet Shop Boys survey this past week, in
which I asked my site visitors to rate the songs that Neil and/or Chris
have written for (or with) others but which the Boys themselves haven't yet
recorded in "PSB renditions." And the song that received the highest
average rating was:

* "Disappointed," with an average rating of 8.431.

This is an amazing result in that it makes "Disappointed" the
third-highest-ranked song in my Rating Project, behind only "Being Boring"
and "Can You Forgive Her?" I'm a bit surprised that the voters collectively
rated a song that Neil wrote and performed with Electronic so highly that
it tops all but two PSB songs -- even in my admittedly unscientific survey.
But, then again, "Disappointed" *is* a terrific song.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the "Past Survey Results"
link in the left navigation bar. And to see the cumulative results,
highlighted by that high placement of "Disappointed," select "Extras" from
the left nav and then pick "The Rating Project" from the Extras menu.

Of course, this means there's a new poll for the week ahead. There are now
only two more weeks to go in my Rating Project. This week I'm inviting you
to rate the songs from the Boys' stage musical "Closer to Heaven" for which
they themselves haven't already officially released their own renditions.
So when you get a chance, please pay a quick to visit my website and rate
those songs on the 0-10 scale.

Thanks to everyone who voted in this past week's survey! And I hope you all
have a very, very good week ahead!