[Introspective] PSB did sample DM--even if Neil says no! (x-post)

Remark Communications remark@mac.com
Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:48:12 -0500

--Apple-Mail-4-781582700

In reading the answers on PSB Online, the following post caught my
attention:

Question 172:

The last one, at least for today... I always had a doubt about a song,
the dub version from Was it worth it... In the middle we can here a mix
betwen your song and an extract from Personal Jesus. My best friend is
a Depeche mode fan and at those times, we use to dream Depeche Mode and
Pet Shop Boys making something together (delusions, we could say
nowadays). In a way, that dream became truth when I got the WIWI single
and we heard that version.  Where did it come the idea of taking Mr
Gore Brathing, and also the rhythm percussion, and put it into your
song??? Have you ever heard the DM members opinion about that
version??? It sounds great for us, you should try something like that
again!!!!

Answer:

We've never sampled "Personal Jesus". Maybe you have a bootleg? Or
maybe it was just a coincidence. I haven't heard this mix for years, to
be honest. N

Neil is correct in that the PSB never sampled DM, but Creative Thieves
(Dave Seaman of Brothers in Rhythm Fame and Phil Kelsey who did several
DMC mixes) did the mix and it is CLEAR that they sampled Depeche Mode.
What is funny is that Neil thinks it's a bootleg or coincidence!  HAHA!
  Silly Neil, learn your mixes better!

Just an observation...

<remark, feeling unknown and all alone>

--Apple-Mail-4-781582700

In reading the answers on PSB Online, the following post caught my
attention:

least for today... I always had a doubt about a song, the dub version
from Was it worth it... In the middle we can here a mix betwen your
song and an extract from Personal Jesus. My best friend is a Depeche
mode fan and at those times, we use to dream Depeche Mode and Pet Shop
Boys making something together (delusions, we could say nowadays). In
a way, that dream became truth when I got the WIWI single and we heard
that version.  Where did it come the idea of taking Mr Gore Brathing,
and also the rhythm percussion, and put it into your song??? Have you
ever heard the DM members opinion about that version??? It sounds
great for us, you should try something like that again!!!!

<bold>Answer:

</bold>We've never sampled "Personal Jesus". Maybe you have a bootleg?
Or maybe it was just a coincidence. I haven't heard this mix for
years, to be honest. N

Neil is correct in that the PSB never sampled DM, but Creative Thieves
(Dave Seaman of Brothers in Rhythm Fame and Phil Kelsey who did
several DMC mixes) did the mix and it is CLEAR that they sampled
Depeche Mode.  What is funny is that Neil thinks it's a bootleg or
coincidence!  HAHA!  Silly Neil, learn your mixes better!

Just an observation...

<<remark, feeling unknown and all alone>

</fontfamily></color>
--Apple-Mail-4-781582700--