[Introspective] disco3

r o y m i c h a e l t a p p i n g rtapping@btopenworld.com
Wed, 22 Jan 2003 14:06:38 -0000

> > And another thing, is this the end of the PSB single?  Three from
Nightlife,
> > two from Release...?
>
> Just because London didn't get released in the UK doesn't make it less
> of a single, does it? - most of Europe had it released...
>
> /Mats

Um, in short, I'm not sure.

Sorry, as far as I knew, it was a German only release and it charted in
other countries simply because of it being imported there.  Is that
incorrect?

Nonetheless, London only received a limited release and was not released in
the home country of the artist.  That says a lot to me.  I remember when Pet
Shop Boys had complete autonomy.  Now it seems they have to do what EMI tell
them.  I have no idea what goes on in record companies, the relationships
they have with their artists or the politics involved, but isn't this rather
worrying?  Are Pet Shop Boys about to be dumped by EMI?

Minge

xxx