[Introspective] Blonde :)))

. RLD waxxxtrax at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 24 11:37:44 PST 2003

"Neil and Chris began their set with the song 'We're the Pet Shop Boys' by
the American electronic singer/songwriter, My Robot Friend. (More details
about him on myrobotfriend.com)"

We have seen My Robot Friend perform.  He is from New York and puts on one
weird show--very performance art oriented.  Complete with robotic strap-on
penis that shoots a white material into the audience.  He describes himself
as a "Jewish Robosexual".  He is a pretty young guy, and comes out with all
kinds of lights on him and adds other bits and pieces as time goes on.  A
girl playing the violin (punk-rock style) and a very old man reading weird
stuff out of a newspaper later joined him on stage.  The music is very rave,
very techno, very bass-in-your-face.  He uses some background cartoons as
well.  If you can catch him, I highly recommend it.  It was the best $5 I
ever spent on a show.