[Introspective] Re: "Disco" myth

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Wed Feb 5 15:45:59 PST 2003

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 Visually69 at aol.com wrote:

> <<Still, it' far better than Blunder 2 (and of course far worse than
> Disco...)>>
>
> I don't get it -- what was so great about the original Disco LP?  I mean,
> back in 1986 I ran out to buy it, just like everybody else. But it's just 6
> remixes of previously-released material. Nothing special there.

Uhm, the mix of WEG is still unavailable elsewhere, the Paninaro mix could
only be found on the ultra-scarce Italian 12" (good luck finding a copy
today!), the mix of Opportunities (Version Latina) is only available on the
also very scarce remix 12" of Opportunities. The Shep Pettibone mix of LCQ
was unavailable to all us Europeans, in fact everyone outside the U.S. -
I'd say that the original Disco-album is a bloody good collection, at
least for us collectors and mix-lovers!

/Mats

                *   Mats Bjorkman,  Spare Time Investigator   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 73 736 5009
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'