[Introspective] Final results of "album mix preferred over single mix" PSB poll

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 20 22:16:33 PST 2003

The final results are in of my (admittedly flawed) Pet Shop Boys poll this
past week, in which I asked which singles (of those that are significantly
different from the album version) you actually prefer in the album version
as opposed to the single version. And the single that received the largest
number of votes was:

* "Left to My Own Devices," selected by 31.7% of the survey participants.

http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link to "Past Survey
Results" in the left navigation bar.

Of course, I now have a new poll for the week ahead. This time I'm asking
about the singles that are merely edited versions of the corresponding
album tracks (as opposed to being identical or a remix/remake). Of those,
which do you think "suffers" the most as a result of being edited. That is,
which edit "hurts" the song the most in your opinion? You can vote right
there on the home page of my website.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey! And I hope you all have
a wonderful week -- including very happy and safe holidays!