[Introspective] Definitive Pet Shop Boys

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Thu Aug 14 13:49:01 PDT 2003

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003, Daniel McCarthy wrote:

> [...]

But their music isn't played only in the UK you know... and basing a song's
popularity based on the highest chart position is just plain stupid since
PSB's songs often only spend _one_ week in the top 20 nowadays, and you have
no true chance comparing these positions since it's based on sales - and one
week you might have slow sales and then even songs that might not even reach
the top 20 otherwise can rise high.

I _still_ hear NYCB in the clubs after five years and on the radio, whereas
I haven't heard Drunk since 1999!!!!!

/Mats

                    *   Mats Bjorkman,  Head of sales!   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 70 730 07 80
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'