[Introspective] I'm only dreaming

Visually69 at aol.com Visually69 at aol.com
Tue Aug 12 23:49:03 PDT 2003

<<I would love it if the collection followed the model set by Everything but
the Girl's
"Like the Deserts Miss the Rain" -- released last year, this was a personal
retrospective in which the band selected a
bunch of their own fave tracks, including the big hits, a few remixes,
b-sides, and rarities>>

I guess that would sort of be like a personal "Essentials" collection.  I'd
have preferred the PSB to make a complete 2-disc collection, sort of like DM
did with 86-98. Even better, PSB should wait a year and then release a kind of
"1985-2005: 20 years of Pet Shop Boys." Disc-1 would have the Discography
tracks, Disc-2 would have the 18 singles since then, and Disc 3 could have all new
material. But I'm only dreaming, of course.

-Ali