[Introspective] Discography 2 tracks

Two divided by zero 2by0 at twodividedbyzero.com
Tue Aug 12 03:00:04 PDT 2003

David King wrote:

> They want to find a way to make a new collection attractive to other
> less-devoted or casual PSB fans.  There are basically three groups of people
> they want to entice to buy this compilation: 1) People who don't own any PSB
> music, 2) People who own Discography but nothing else, and 3) People who
> have a lot of albums from when PSB were "popular" but very little since.

You are forgetting an important group. The fan group. The kind of guy who
already has almost every album since Discography 1 but don't have bought the
singles, for instance. And there's also the problem of the unreleased
tracks. All the fans will want to have this unreleased tracks, but at what
cost? They will have to buy a bunch of songs they already purchased, in
Discography 1!

I remember myself in 1991 deciding whether I would buy Discography or not,
because I wanted "Where the streets have no name" so badly, but I've already
had a lot of tracks released in previous albums. In the end, I bought it,
and enjoy it because the Boys always had this attention to make some singles
slightly different from the album's version.

It would be more fair for the fan base if this compilation only had singles
from Discography 1 to date. And let's be honest, the fan base is more
important to the boys now, as ever.

[]s

2/0

---
Check out TWO DIVIDED BY ZERO new track:

I | N | T | R | O | S | P | E | C | T | I | V | E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com/music/trax/introspective.mp3
from the forthcoming album A P P E A R E N C E
http://www.twodividedbyzero.com
mailto:contact at twodividedbyzero.com