[Introspective] Final results of the final round of the Rating Project

psbfan psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 10 00:13:06 PDT 2003

The final results are in of the final round of my Rating Project. This past
week I asked my site visitors to rate various "overlooked" and officially
unreleased PSB songs on the 0-10 scale. And the song that received the
highest rating was:

* "You've Got to Start Somewhere," with an average rating of 7.522.

Actually, "Hallo Spaceboy" had led for most of the week, but "You've Got to
Start Somewhere" pulled ahead in Saturday's votes, and "Hallo Spaceboy"
fell to third place. To see the complete results, please visit my
"Commentary" site at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the
link to "Past Survey Results" in the left navigation bar. And, as always,
you can see the cumulative results by clicking "Extras" in the left nav and
then selecting "The Rating Project" from the Extras menu.

Now that the ratings have come to an end, I hope you're as ready as I am
for more "traditional" PSB survey questions. So for the week ahead I have a
very timely one. As you probably know, a single-disc "greatest hits"
collection is slated to come out late this autumn. If we assume that (as in
the case of "Discography") it will have 18 tracks and that two of them are
reserved for new, previously unreleased singles, that leaves 16 "slots"
open for previous hits. So which 16 do *you* hope will be on it? Please
take a minute or two to visit my site and check off the 16 of your choice
from a list of all UK and US singles.

Thanks to everyone who voted in last week's survey as well as in all of the
other ratings polls! I enjoyed it immensely, and I hope you did, too. And I
also hope you have a great week ahead!