[Introspective] Final results of the "Ratings Project Part 1: Please"

Wayne psbfan at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 20 00:15:13 PDT 2003

The final results are in of my Pet Shop Boys survey this past week, which
asked you to rate each song on the Boys' first album, "Please," as they
compare to other PSB songs on a scale of 0 to 10, with 0 meaning "one of the
worst songs they've ever done" and 10 meaning "one of the best songs they've
ever done." And the song with the highest average rating was:

* "West End Girls," with an average rating of 8.145.

Probably to the surprise of very few, the song with the lowest average
rating was "Opportunities (Reprise)," with an average of 4.867. To see the
averages for all of the "Please" songs, please visit my "Commentary" website
at http://www.geowayne.com/psbhtml.htm and click on the link in the left
navigation bar to "Past Survey Results."

Of course, this means there's now a new survey for the week ahead. My Rating
Project continues with the songs from the album "Actually." (I'm skipping
"Disco" because four of the songs appeared on "Please" and I'll include the
other two when I get to "Alternative.") So please visit my website and rate
each of the "Actually" songs on the same 0 to 10 scale.

Thanks to everyone who participated in this past week's survey. I'm
fascinated by the results (frankly, I didn't think WEG would end up with the
highest average rating), and I hope you find them interesting as well. And I
also hope you all have a very, very good week ahead!