[Introspective] NEWS ???? OR NOT???

The Virtual One mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
Fri Apr 18 20:13:44 PDT 2003

Quite interesting if it's true - but why can't the boys let someone else
than Superchumbo and Westbam remix all their tunes nowadays? - does anybody
really find the NYC-boy, Sexy Northener and London-mixes of the said artists to
be _that_ good? I don't for sure - big yawns IMO.

/Mats

On Fri, 18 Apr 2003, Salvador Martinez wrote:

> Please, can any one tell me if this notice it is true?? please:
>
> This was posted on Pet Shop Boys Community this morning:
> 'Love Comes Quickly' will be one of seven brand new remixes to be included
> on the next Pet Shop Boys compilation album, due in late October through
> Parlophone.
> Going under the working title of 'Greatest Hits Remixed', the 18 track album
> has been compiled from all eras of the boys' 18 year career and is designed
> to complement, rather than replace, 1991s platinum selling album
> Discography', which reached number 3 in the UK charts.
> Consequently, none of the original 7" mixes from 'Discography', which is
> still on catalogue, will feature on 'Greatest Hits Remixed', though single
> versions of more recent hits such as 'New York City Boy', 'Somewhere', 'Home
> And Dry' and 'I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore' will
> be included, as they have yet to appear on any PSB album. As a bonus to fans
>  there are two versions of 'Go West', the PSB's biggest hit of the 1990s,
> both of which have never been commercially released before. The complete
> track listing is as follows:
> Go West - Mark 'Spike' Stent Original 7" (Unreleased, 1992)
> It's A Sin - Superchumbo Mass Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> Home And Dry (7", 2002)
> I Don't Know What You Want But I Can't Give It Anymore (7", 1999)
> Somewhere (7", 1997)
> Love Comes Quickly - Blank & Jones Ambient Remix (New Mix, 2003)
> Domino Dancing - Westbam In Ibiza Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> Single-Bilingual (7", 1996)
> Always On My Mind - Junkie Xl Paranoid Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> I Get Along (7", 2002)
> A Red Letter Day (7", 1996)
> What Have I Done To Deserve This - Westbam In Memphis Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> Before (7", 1996)
> Opportunities (Let's Make Lots Of Money) - Felix Da Housecat's Dirty Cash
> Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> New York City Boy (7", 1999)
> Being Boring - DJ Sammy's Summer Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> West End Girls - Peter Rauhofer Metropolitan Mix (New Mix, 2003)
> Go West - Andy Gray Millennium Mix (Unreleased, 2000)
> A single featuring 'Go West - Andy Gray Millennium Mix' backed by two
> previously unreleased Pet Shop Boys tracks, 'A Powerful Friend' and 'You've
> Got To Start Somewhere', will precede the album in early October.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Salvador Martinez

                *   Mats Bjorkman,  Spare Time Investigator   *
                                   - - - - -
                               mats-bjo at dsv.su.se
      http://www.dsv.su.se/~mats-bjo and http://www.thepetshopboys.co.uk
                      ICQ: 2881021 / GSM: +46 70 730 07 80
                                   - - - - -
             'Because you dance to disco, and you don't like rock'