[Introspective] Re: West End Girls remix?

. RLD waxxxtrax@hotmail.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:23:49 -0500

>Hi guys,
>tonight I've heard two italian dj/producers (Andreino and Sandro
>Russo - MAS COLLECTIVE) spin this house/hard house track CLEARLY
>inspired by WEG.
>It's definitily more than just an inspiration, WEG bassline is
>pretty much there and there are a couple of stops in the middle
>of the track that make it clear.
>Also a padding is taken and distorted. Of course everything is
>covered with effects and a steady kickline.
>It's about 132bpm (I'm guessing) and no vocals (only effects I
>think); it sounds darkish and it's very catchy to a used PSB
>listener.
>
>Do you know anything about this?

Someone on the list mentioned this track a few weeks back.  For those of you
that haven't heard it, it isn't all that great so don't worry too much.
It's a decent hack-job, and if you want to have it, it is easy to obtain.
Both 611 Records in Philadelphia and PlanetX in New York are selling it.  It
is $7 on planetxusa.com, along with the limited edition of Release on vinyl
for $18.