[trash-talk] Trash-talk mailing list going away

Brendan Kelly garbageotaku at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 25 02:43:00 PST 2007

Wow, reading that email was definitely a weird experience.  Of course we can continue our trash-talking elsewhere, but ye olde "trash-talk at tcp.com" has been a constant for so long, it's like the end of an era.  I kind of expected this list would remain unchanged forever; long after the band finally officially called it quits and we all grew old, we'd still be here trading info about old bootlegs and rare singles and fond tour memories.

  Anyway, I got all nostalgic and just wanted to comment on the event.  It has indeed been a great run, and I'll totally join you guys and continue lurking wherever our list migrates ;)

  - Brendan/Rita

Rick Lilly <rlilly at tcp.com> wrote:

Hi trash-talkers,

I've got some sad news:

Our internet service provider, tcp.com, will cease providing all hosting services
at the end of February 2007. This includes web site hosting, ftp hosting, mailing
list hosting, dns hosting, domain registration, database service, mx
service, mud hosting, shell services, etc.

This means that effective March 1, the trash-talk mailing list will cease to function.

It's been a great run -- I've enjoyed hosting the list since it migrated here
way back in 1996.

Thanks,
Rick Lilly
trash-talk-manager at tcp.com