[trash-talk] garbage call it quits

wilson king garbagebase at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 11:25:30 PDT 2005

Well, let's hope that some kind of DVD and/or live album will still
come out. Even if the band isn't actively making new music, there is
quite the archive of unreleased outtakes, alternate versions, etc.  Not
to mention their live archive.  I have no idea how many of their tours
they have recorded, but presumably there is footage that could be
compiled into a DVD. Plus all the videos. That could be another release
all it's own, all the G vids from all albums. I'd like to see that.

I'll be working on the GarbageBase website, adding setlists whenever I
can find them, and continuing to collect recordings. I sure hope that
Vegas show turns up at some point!  Of all those ppl there, someone
must've taped it!  I shoulda gone....

--- Stefanie Schwartz <skull at spastica.net> wrote:

> here's a question i hadn't thought about:
> what happens to trash-talk after the last encore in
> australia?
> are there mailing lists for defunct bands?
> i mean sure we can all still trade articles on butch's
> production projects and long-lost bootlegs (which will be a
> hotter commodity than ever; hellooo ebay) and our opinions
> on shirley's awful solo career ("THIS SHIT IS.....[exotic
> fruit]" with lots of spelling, we can only hope).
>
> i joined this list right after stupid girl became a
> single... i was the annoying little girl everybody hated
> and i shudder to recall some of the crazy shit i posted on
> here, about my abiding love for jagged little pill and how
> totally mega goth i was for a 12-year-old.
> i can't imagine not getting this stuff on a daily basis.
>
> can't we bring back some drama for old times' sake?  where
> is afext?

"The greatest price of refusing to participate in politics is being governed by your inferiors."

 - Plato, The Republic