[trash-talk] Worst Garbage lyric ever?

Anette S. bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Wed May 11 04:10:23 PDT 2005

>I just want to point out that "here today" really goes with the next part.
>It's more like the beginning of the next line than the end of this one.
>
>I am afraid that there's much to be afraid of.
>Here today and gone tomorrow.

I was going to say that.

I have an ongoing feud with the word "love", and every time I hear it I
cringe with disgust. Knowing that you'll understand I've had some trouble
with the two last albums. What has gotten me through it is the context of
the lyrics. The line "I will love you till the day that I die" made me
scream in horror the first time I heard it. What made me hate the song, tho,
was the infernal scratching which I hate because of cheesy hip-hop and r'n'b
music which I am utterly sick to death of. HOWEVER!!!! I changed my mind
when I heard it live, because it made for a very good live song.

Changing the topic to something more positive, my current fave lyric is Bad
Boyfriend, it's so dirty I giggle every time I hear it. Short lived crushes
are fun, so full of lust.