[trash-talk] I may be a pest pointing this out... BUT

matt ifeelintoxicated at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 22:18:02 PDT 2005

Exactly.  Are we supposed to sit around twiddling our
thumbs waiting for the "offical" DVD to come out?  Or
can we download a video to watch it whenever we want?

I never once saw the WDYLM video on TV in the US.  I
don't get Fuse, MTV doesn't play Garbage anymore, and
VH1 plays videos at 4am.  I assume I'll never see the
BLM video either, which is why I downloaded it.  Why
should I wait 5 years for an official video, when I
can watch it now when it's relevant?  Videos are
promotional tools, and if they wanted to make them
commercial releases, they would have released another
collection by now.

Same thing with b-sides.  If someone were to buy an
OOP single now, the money would go solely to the
seller - the band would not receive royalties, and the
"sale" would not count for any chart.  So what's the
harm in downloading an old b-side?  Because there's a
chance it might appear on a b-sides collection in the
future?  The same b-sides collection we've been
hearing about since 1999?