[Trash-talk] Madison!

Susan Senn kanuz at hotmail.com
Wed May 4 20:27:05 PDT 2005

Susie coommentary:

I was there.  I feel really bad because I didn't meet up with Shark or any
of the other trashers in my town.  My boyfriend broke up with me and so I
was very depressed.  I want to give my apologies.  I got to the venue a
little later because I had to meet up with one of my friends (I had an extra
ticket because of the whole boyfriend breaking up with me thing.).  We
actually sat up in the balcony, knowing that the stage was fairly high, and
had a great view of the show because rather than being up and back the
balcony is directly above the front of the stage.  It was a really, really
good show.  I have never seen so many laminates at a show, it seemed like
everyone had one.  Bill recounted the show fairly well so I won't rehash
most of it.

I like the new intro to OHWIR, nice to mix it up a little.  Shirley and Duke
sang happy birthday to two of their friends at the show.  It was the first
Garbage show I've ever been to where the crowd cheered "Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuke!".
  Shirley also talked some shit about Tom Laskin a reviewer for a local
paper that panned the new album, who I sure was also present at the show.  I
was happy to see that Shirley's propeller dance was alive and well.  The new
bass player doesn't have the movement of Daniel, he just kind of hung out in
the back.  Also I kind of noticed that Shirley's voice seems a little higher
pitched, when she talks as well as when she sings.  I wonder if that's from
her surgery.  It was a really good show, though.  Peace out,

Susan

"Every day like Jesus He's not up there, He can't see us. Maybe.  Eyes
uplifted slowly, for effect, the land below me far away."