[Trash-talk] Thoughts on a few new Bleed Like Me songs

Jason Sheehan capsmvp at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 18 15:34:12 PST 2005

Thanks to the person who posted the link to Garbage on
Radio Free Virgin. It has made me very happy to hear a
few songs from Bleed Like Me, and I am really looking
forward to it. This is my first post on the list.

My thoughts.

Why Do You Love Me -- I love it. This is an incredible
song that gets me so psyched I'm now singing along and
have memorized the lyrics. Super charged pace. I love
it.

Bad Boyfriend -- The genius of this song really floors
me. This might be the best track on the cd. Need to
hear this at least 1,000 more times and see the band
perform it live. I'm praying they come to Las Vegas.

Bleed Like Me -- slow song that sounds really good.
It's the catchiest song I've heard them do. In
a weird way, reminded me of Uncle Tom's Diner in the
way you just remember a song. Don't know
why, but it does. Love the lyrics and Shirley's
sexuality.

Run Baby Run -- initially did not like it much. Heard
it a second time and it was better. This might be one
of those songs I'll eventually grow to love as I did
my favorite G song, Hammering in My Head.

Boys Wanna Fight -- I'm sorry to say, but I hate this
song. My least favorite Garbage song ever is
Androgyny, and this song sounds just like it. Girls,
boys, all that stuff. I'm just not into repeated
lyrics of girls, boys. Just not a favorite of mine,
and
may be the song I auto-program to skip on this cd like
I did with Androgyny on the last one.

Overall, this new cd is looking so promising. I can't
wait until it comes out. I really love Bad Boyfriend
and want to hear it again.

Jason