[Trash-talk] so let me get this straight...

blisteringheat blisteringheat at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 16 09:33:29 PST 2005

Those of us who have bought everything Garbage related in the past nine years plus, who have stuck with the band through good times (S/T, V 2.0) and not so good times (BG), who have spent thousands of dollars on plane tickets and hotel rooms so that we could go to as many G shows as possible, who have arrived at venues at 10:00 AM for an 8:00 PM show, who have been crushed and beat up b/c everyone behind you wants your spot on the rail, who have gotten sick because we waited in the cold rain for hours after a show just in case the band might come out to talk to us or sign autographs, who have pictures with T, who have disagreed with nearly everything Shirley ever says or rants about but still love her all the more because of it, who spent hours and hours last tour explaining to a bunch of fifteen year old Gwenabees why Shirley is so much cooler than Gwen Stefani, who are really going to miss Daniel this tour (especially during Stupid Girl), whose friends are nearly all people we either met on trash-talk or at G shows, who have sent presents, cards, and letters of encouragement to the band on important days or when they seemed to be down, who have G related email addresses, AIM screen names and websites, who for some reason always check the Garbage section at the record store in case they have some release in stock that somehow you've missed or maybe they even have the new record before its even been recorded (!), who wasted however much money it was on that stupid skateboard with the fake autographs, who have wasted way too much time on trash-talk pointlessly arguing with those who we felt weren't "true" Garbage fans and didn't understand what it really meant to be one, who have a giant box at home filled with setlists, feathers, corks, picks, drumsticks, and whatever else you could steal from the stage or beg Chad for, who scream for old b-sides that nobody else wants to hear and actually get the band to play them, and who still get chills when we remember the very first time Shirley's piercing green eyes met ours...

We get to pay $20 for the privelage of being members of their fan club?

pongo