[Trash-talk] Garbage Message Board

wilson king garbagebase at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 14 14:03:22 PST 2005

Hey Matt,

I'm pretty sure a lot of the regulars from years past are still here,
but with Garbage news being few and far between the last couple of
years, the list had been pretty idle.  Bits and pieces do come through
though.

I had also sort of dropped out of the Garbage loop, so to speak, after
the BG tour.  But I've recently done some minor updates to my website,
and plan to add more stuff and do more frequent updates as the next
tour takes shape.

I too find web based message boards annoying, so I don't usually go
there.

TT is still alive!

http://www.garbagebase.com

--- matt <ifeelintoxicated at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello fellow trash-talkers,
>
> This is Matt, also known as
> ifeelintoxicated at yahoo.com, and mattoz85 on the
> official Garbage message board.
>
> I'm sending this e-mail (or rant, whichever you prefer
> to call it) to the list, asking if everyone here is
> either gone? or goes to the official message board to
> get their Garbage news?
>
> I joined this list sometime in 1999, and this is where
> I always got my news.  We all got to know the regular
> posters, we would trade singles or live recordings
> with each other, and we would share our concert
> stories.  This was the real Garbage community for
> several years, and I'm so glad that I got to be a part
> of it.
>
> Since the official message board opened on the Garbage
> site, it seems that this list has been empty.  No one
> posts anymore, and I'm getting all my news from the
> board.  I miss this list!
>
> On the message board: I don't like having to wade
> through pages of topics to see what I've missed from
> the day before.  I don't like reading the mean,
> sometimes scathing replies people give each other.  I
> don't like reading through inane responses to topics,
> just so I can find out a tidbit of news.
>
> On the trash-talk mailing list: I liked how people
> would post something important.  I like individual
> e-mails with individual points.  If we disagreed with
> each other, we wouldn't be rude and curse at each
> other.  This list was awesome.
>
> I remember how excited I was at my first Garbage
> concert, and telling everyone here about it.
> I remember someone posting a recording of TWINE when
> it hit the radio.
> I remember posting what Garbage items I was looking to
> sell, and knowing I was dealing with someone
> trustworthy.
> I remember when Androgyny first hit the radio, and
> someone was kind enough to provide a recording of it.
> I remember when BeautifulGarbage leaked, and we were
> the first to know.  Not all of us downloaded it, but
> we all bought the album, because we're real fans.
>
> The message board is filled with a bunch of immature
> 12 year olds who resort to name-calling and curse
> words to make their points.  And I hate it.
>
> So trashers, come out of the woodwork, get your heads
> out of the ground, and BRING THIS LIST BACK.
>
> I would like to start by telling you all about me:
>
> Hello.  My name is Matt.  I live in New Jersey, USA
> and I'm 19 years old.  I first heard of Garbage when
> Stupid Girl came out, but the first album I bought was
> Version 2.0 in October of 1998.  I first saw Garbage a
> year later on the Campus Invasion tour.
> I started collecting Garbage releases in summer 1999,
> and have amassed a collection of every US and UK
> single, various promotional items and live recordings.
>  Before BeautifulGarbage was released, I even had
> every single remix in my collection.
> After Shut Your Mouth was released, I pretty much fell
> out of the Garbage loop.  Only in January of 2005 did
> [...]

=====
"The greatest price of refusing to participate in politics is being governed by your inferiors."

 - Plato, The Republic