[Trash-talk] philly show

Stefanie Schwartz skull at spastica.net
Sun Apr 17 06:27:59 PDT 2005

don't have a lot of time to talk about it but it was a good
time.  like matt said, same set list, but we also felt a
little bit disappointed - couldn't tell if it's because
we're not squealing 15-year-olds anyomre or if the show was
lackluster in some way.  the new songs do translate really
well live, but they were rusty - shirley fucked up lyrics
in bad boyfriend, paranoid and one more i can't remember,
and there were a few little slip-ups on duke's part as
well.  we were right in front of steve and got a lot of
creepy smiles and i even scored a high five.  the best part
of the night was finding an unopened bottle of water behind
the barrier the minute we walked in the door, which saved
our lives as we're terribly out of shape.  little shirley
alias shannon has done it again, down to the curly red
extensions, and shirley seemed to enjoy it.  we'll see
everyone in a few hours anyway... we're heading to the
avalon quite early.