[Trash-talk] Germany 3rd April

Daphne daphnegrecchi77 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 12:00:18 PDT 2005

Agreed. I've just returned from Cologne, so i thought i'd post a few thoughts too.
I think they were very aware that they were being filmed and therefore there was less interaction with the crowd as you would normally get, but the performance was totally amazing!! They were on last, they came on around 11:40PM, so i guess there was little time to chat to the audience inbetween songs, or rather... to whoever in the audience had managed to survive Turbo Negro.....Anyone mentioning Turbo Negro ever again to me is without a doubt going to die! Crushgirl is right, we thought we were going to get killed.After The Zutons and other bands, there comes this really dark and weird band and in no time we were surrounded by tons of black-haired fans,pushing,shoving,shouting, crowd-surfing etc...i have countless bruises all over as a result, but i don't care. I couldn't wait for them to get off, but sadly they were on for ages and went on and on about their new album when frankly none of us at the front gave a shit. My boyfriend and myself were right at the front too, holding on
 to the barrier right behind Elfie and Gaëlle and we were in fact trying hard to keep our balance and not fall over or else with the heavy pushing from behind we may have crushed right into them:( Elfie, if you're reading, Paul still apologises and so do i, we tried our best and hope we didn't hurt you.
Shirley did seem a bit ill, she was coughing inbetween songs.I hope she was ok by the time they did the Berlin radioshow.
As it's already been reported, no new songs as previously announced, but it was by all means an amazing show!:-) . Paul and I didn't stay behind after the show as he had to get an early flight the next day, so i don't know whether the band improvised another signing session with the fans outside like they did at La Scala...
Great to meet Michel, Jessica and other people i had seen post here, but never met before!
Can't wait for Amsterdam now!:-)

Daphne