[Trash-talk] Billboard.com 'Grohl, Manson Guest On New Garbage Album'

Alan Hoppe scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 13:15:09 PST 2004

>From: wilson king <garbagebase at yahoo.com>

>Of course the mainstream press gets it wrong again by simply lifting
>stories from the studio diaries.
>
>Unless plans have changed, it's my understanding that the Manson duet
>will NOT be on the forthcoming G album...

Haha, I didn't catch that the first read-through. Yeah, that's a stand-alone
project with "Daddy" that it's my understanding will not be tied into Album
Four. But there ya go ... when they hurriedly take these articles to press,
stealing from our beloved Garbage diaries, they're bound to screw something
up. Wasn't Shirley really upset during the last album about the press
over-using her diary entries? This is the start of all that happening again.
Now that NME and Billboard have published theirs, expect the other
sites/magazines to follow suit.

>From: "Stefanie Schwartz" <skull at spastica.net>

>dear god, 371,000?!  i didn't know it was THAT bad.  no wonder they don't
>love us here anymore.

That figure really frightened me. The album did well in Australia, didn't
it? I'd like to see worldwide figures now. Well, even if the album is the
lowest, sales-wise-USA, history will treat it kindly when people write
retrospective things about Garbage's music. (But I hate to jump ahead past
their next five albums and that amazing concert movie they're going to do ;)
haha)

-Alan-