[Trash-talk] more drumming news from Matt Chamberlain's diary

Michele VR5SBloom at aol.com
Tue Feb 10 16:11:39 PST 2004

http://www.mattchamberlain.com/_wsn/page2.html
02-01-2004

Hello--the last week has been really fun--I went to L.A. to play drums on
some of the new Garbage record--it's the first record they have done using
an outside producer(John King from the dust bros.) for a couple of
tracks--I love those folks----Then went to sit in with Jon Brion at Largo
and had the most bizarre experience--we started to play some funny covers
and we busted into an old standard--( you belong to me) and Van Dyke Parks
jumps out of the audience and plays a piano solo and runs back to his seat
then Gavin Friday (Virgin Prunes) jumps on stage and does a crazy version
of sweet jane---man last night(jan 31st) had a great gig a the Tractor
Tavern (seattle) with Shawn Smith --whoo! he is fantastic and we had a
rockin good gig------ this week Jon Brion and I are still at Litho for the
month and we have been recording all kinds of things---today Bill Frisell
is going to drop by and do a little guit- picking---thats all for
now--adios--Matt C