[Trash-talk] Example of Garbage Ignored by Press

starvin' at nette bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 27 17:49:30 PDT 2003

Wasn't it just an ISO booth that was wrecked? And didn't it happen at 7 in
the morning? That article was totally ludicrus. It sounded absolutely
dreadful. Shirley just laughed at it, didn't she? *rolls eyes*
Norwegian press didn't even bother mentioning it. Needless to say, Garbage
aren't very popular here. I've been trying for ages to make them write even
the tiniest mention of them, but no, they ignore me. When Garbage were
opening their tour here, however, they did get a whole page dedicated to
them. Half that page was a picture of Shirley and they state that "the
sexiest woman in rock is coming to Norway!". It was a cute little article.
However, the concert review apalled me. With comments such as "hermafroditic
Sherilyn Manson", "without Manson the Amercian Garbage would have been
reduced to a one-dimentional and unexciting band", "garbage are
frighteningly grandiose bordering to boring, but they're efficient and
[can't figure out how to properly translate this last part, so this is the
closest I could get] well-oiled in all joints. And with a frontfigure like
Manson it's hard to go wrong. Her voice isn't all that, but she gives
everything and communicates well with the fans", "this was the second gig
Garbage did with drummer Jimmy Chamberlain from the split band Smashing
Pumpkins". And in the end they sum up that "this gig should have had a
bigger crowd", 2000 out of 6000 tickets were sold, and a dice roll 5. I find
their reviews really strange, they go on and on throughout the artickle
bashing them and saying how lousy they are and then they go out saying it
was a gig wel worth watching... They did the same thing when I went to see
Michael Jakcson many, many years ago.. Two full pages about how much he
sucked and a dice roll 6??? It pisses me off.

Ok, end rant...

@nette

"Hello? Operator? Give me the number for nine-one-one!!!"
-Homer Simpson-

"I couldn't recommend it more highly so you should all start producing."
-Butch Vig-

>From: "Abbey Cedeño" <lavixengirl at hotmail.com>
>To: manson26 at yahoo.com, trash-talk at tcp.com
>Subject: Re: [Trash-talk] Example of Garbage Ignored by Press