[Trash-talk] concert DVDs

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 15 19:28:05 PDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Wilson E King" <garbagebase at yahoo.com>

> Michele
>
> Do you have a standalone DVD burner, that you can make DVD directly
> from a VHS tape or TV?  Or is it a computer DVD burner?
>
> I have lots of low gen VHS that would be cool on DVD... ;-)

yeah, i was thinking about how cool it is that stuff can get archived on DVD
now.
i know someone who's taken all their old home movies and copied them to DVD
with their DVD recorder, and organised it by chapter, putting titles in and
so forth,
on each DVD.

i think this will be the way to go, in terms of trading VHS ... copy your
first-generation
tape onto a DVD, make compilations of stuff. i have a whole bunch of version
2.0-era
TV appearances and things that i'd LOVE to archive on DVD.

someday!