[Trash-talk] jt leroy reading... amusing anecdotes

sms52 at drexel.edu sms52 at drexel.edu
Sun Sep 14 05:16:52 PDT 2003

shirley wasn't there.

debbie harry wasn't there.

rufus wainwright, vanessa carlton, natasha lyonne, a very vocal transgendered lady, miss guy and eddie of toilet boys and nick of yeah yeah yeahs?  they were there.  couple of other people.  i think it was actually a fashion event (blackbook magaine) so some chick i was just reading about in vogue this morning was there; very creepy.

thistle are rad.  speedie's dancing is so bizarre and cute.  matt walker played drums, and he kicks ass.

i finally met jt.  he is beautiful and a total sweetheart.  thistle were great live and he looked so proud.  i bought a copy of harold's end which is strangely half in italian, so that should be interesting...

as we were leaving to head to the afterparty, courtney love came out.  hell, i hadn't known she was there to begin with, so my jaw dropped.  she proceeded to scream "YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE FUCKING LIZA MINELLI WHEN YOU STARE AT ME LIKE THAT!" i felt sort of bad (there's one woman you don't want mad at you) so i tried to apologise at the afterparty, which never happened - but my attempts did result in her stumbling around on the sidewalk, pointing at me and screaming "SHEEEE'S FUCKING STARING AT MEEEE!" at her entourage.  so if any of you were wondering how kicking the habit is going for courtney, there's all you need.  that was fucking hilarious.

that's all i got.  i think i'm getting up in 4 hours.

stefanie