[Trash-talk] What look of Shirley's would you recreate for aphotosession?

Fox Mulder scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Sat May 31 17:46:15 PDT 2003

>From: "xshirleyxvixenx *~*" <shirleyvixen at hotmail.com>
[replying to mark's request for photosession ideas]

>since the fashion on tt is now not to reply to anyone - i shall stay true
>to me overtalkative self and reply for you

i was thinking of mark's question and couldn't come up with anything useful
to offer.
but i really like the way shirley looked in that early photo shoot with the
black tank top. straight hair. kinda glammed out in the makeup department ..
she just looked amazing.
yet i didn't think that was really something that you could use as a
blueprint for a photo shoot .. since you could take a million other people
and photograph them with that set of things, the tank, the makeup, the long
straight hair, etc .. and it wouldn't necessarily be enough to go with. i
don't know.

hey, maybe that would  be a challenge -- to capture whatever it was about
that shoot and make it your own. still i don't feel like i'm really going
anywhere with this suggestion, so i didn't offer it forth.

plus, even though i'm normally as able to ramble as the next trash-talker, i
am really behind on emails and things and so .. well maybe everybody else is
off at camp or something.

>well it depends what kind of photography you like, or what sort of image
>you want to create.

i think he just wants imput to have a starting point .. he'll probably 'take
it from there' in terms of the images he gets from it. he's maybe stumped
for where to begin, or wants to have someone suggest something so he can
start off at an unexpected place 'artistically'. *enter louise and her
creative suggestions* (hehe)

>i would maybe like a debut era ohwir shoot if i was doing it - wild
>colours, over exposure of light, highlighted features - like vivid lips and
>eyes against a bright white face...

see, now, this was my first impulse too. but since my fashion of late is to
ignore TT posts, you beat me to the punch ;) [kiddddiinnnggggggg .. i'm
kidding!]

an abandoned warehouse with toys [toys? what was up with that anyway? where
were they??] and lots of music-related items to destroy. i wanna see mark up
to his knees in magnetic recording tape. and his model for the shoot
captured looking on, in a red/pink dress [just like the one in ohwir!! ]
wondering what her next shot will be, unaware that it is being captured that
moment. that would totally be COOL. but maybe that's my own silly photo
shoot.

everything about that video was so amazing, such an 'accidental masterpiece'
[ i mean, there's no way they could've set out to get what they got, it was
too perfect, it was accidental perfection caused by brilliant artists behind
and in front of the camera] ...... i wanna see what mark comes up with. if
he went with an OHWIR  - inspired concept.

i loved the far-away shots from above of shirley with the light streaming
down from the rafters and she's doing that kick in slow-motion, or running.
it was a cool mix of air filtering down into the dusty warehouse and scarey
bathrooms and dudes destroying equipment [ the classic steve marker guitar
bounce in slow-mo ] and shirrrrrrrllllllllllll. sauntering through her
surroundings with a commanding pair of kick-ass boots.

okay, the kick-ass boots part. that will certainly stir the creative
twiddlies in mark's artistic camera goggles!!  haha ;)

xoxoxo,
alan