[Trash-talk] Super Super Random But Really Important

Colin Campbell savagefistsoffengshui at yahoo.com
Tue May 6 08:03:07 PDT 2003

--- Shirley vixen <cmonshirl at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >bidse
> >galla
> >gasradh
> >saidh
> >saigh
> >galla
>
> *if* these words do mean bitch in irish (i dont
> really trust online translators!) then they would
> mean female dog.. the irish language is a very
> strange and unusual one and i wouldnt be surprised
> if they did have that many words.. you should try
> the greetings.. oh dear god.. the order of them
> depending on the number of people participating in a
> conversation is very strange..
>
> >bitchey
> >coo-bwoirryn
> >gass
> >gast
> >moddey-bwoirryn
>
> these words are so made up! im sure of it!
>
> >As for other languages, how about these:
> >La chienne (French)
> >Das Weibchen (German)
> >La femmina (Italian)
> >A cadela (Portuguese)
> >La perra (Spanish)
>
> i know for definite that the first one is just the
> feminine version of dog and im pretty sure the same
> applies for the rest.. i should actually know the
> term for bitch in german but i cant remember..
> you need a slang dictionary in order to translate
> correctly... as the literal meaning of the words
> varies a lot...

The words I gave are indeed for female dogs or she-
wolves - Lauren didn't specify which meaning
of "bitch" she wanted us to translate.

MacBain's Dictionary supposedly covers Pan Goedelic
Gaelic words.  MacFarlane's Dictionary covers Scottish
Gaelic.  Kelly's Dictionary covers Manx Gaelic.
http://www.personal.psu.edu/staff/e/j/ejp10/celtling/dictionaries.htmlbidse

Cheers,
Colin