[Trash-talk] magazine sightings that are Garbage/Shirley related

Fox Mulder scully_itsme at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:58:08 PST 2003

The Kerrang! Poster Book - Volume 5 (printed in the UK for 3.99 pounds and
probably costs 10 dollars in the USA .. all for just one lovely mini-poster
of Garbage. Cool picture though!

--------------------------

NYLON magazine (April 2003 - 4th anniversary issue) has the MAC Viva Glam IV
ad.

--------------------------

*ROCKRGRL magazine #47 (Distillers cover) - mention of Shirley in the
interview with Brody Armstrong - - here's the excerpt :

It's exciting to think of an artist like you coming up because it's been
such a long time since anybody's written about really being pissed off.
You're carrying the torch right now. Do you feel your shouldes are big
enough for that responsibility?

Brody : Shirley Manson and I became really close on tour and she kept
telling me every day, "I'm handing the torch to you, Brody." I don't want
the torch! Take it away! Give it to someone else! I'm just as fucked up as
everyone else when it comes down to it. That's why I don't like this whole
"carrying on the torch" thing because I'm like, "oh my God, I can't do it."

--------------------------

*Women Who Rock (March/April 2003) - page 29 -
When Butch Is Bitchin' [ Because Life Can Be a Drag ] :

Garbage Man
In the 2002 Garbage song "Androgyny," Shirley Manson sings, "Boys in the
girls' room / Girls in the men's room / You free your mind in your
androgyny." And for the band's most recent tour, Shirley took the stage in
bleached, chopped-up hair, trousers, and tanks. But attitude and sexual
role-playing are nothing new for the woman who sang, "You learn to love the
pain you feel / Like father, like son." When Shirley talks tough, she makes
the boys *and* girls happy.    - David Stanton

[ there's a small pic of Shirley with the white non-tank-top top, the
lightning bolt on the necklace, the red wristbands ]