[Trash-talk] political band?

. Karin . qkarinb at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 17:36:14 PST 2003

>So when a celebrity expresses their opinion about the war (or anything else
for that matter), you have an issue with that? >

no .. you didnt read my post.
i said when a person uses their celebrity to express their political views.
they have many mediums with which to express themselves and i firmly believe
in their constitutional right to do so, however, my issue lies with those
who use the oscars for example to lecture to us how we should live or not
live, what we should do or not do, what we should eat or not eat.

>Celebrities are people too! Why do you take issue with them expressing
>their
view point? >

once again you did NOT read my post or rather failed to comprehend what i
had posted.

>To put it another way, if Garbage were to have played the anti-war concert
in London last weekend, would you consider it a way for them to "promote
their own political beliefs"? And therefore you'd have issues with that? >

no its a protest rally, its to be expected that those participating are anti
war :)

>Personally I have no problem with anybody "promoting" their political
beliefs, whether they are famous or not.  It's certainly better than all the
apathetic people who don't even *have* an opinion, or just blindly accept
CNN as gospel truth.>

and as much as you have issue with those who are 'apathetic' i have issues
with people who use their celebrity to promote their political views, left
or right (same difference regardless as to the celebrity)

karin