[Trash-talk] Shirley & the MAC promotions

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 10 14:13:36 PST 2003

Sorry I said 'Miami'! I should've said 'Atlanta'!
I got the info I relayed to you from another list's message -
garbage at yahoogroups.com
A list member wrote this on Feb 24th:

"I saw Shirley on TV last week. She said that they just started working on
their 3rd album this past week and it will be out maybe by the end of the
year.
She was on good morning Atlanta with mary J. Blige talking about the Mac
cosmetics and aids awareness they are campaigning for."

... so that would've been sometime mid-Feb that Shirley and Mary J. were on
the Atlanta morning show. And I'm sure that when the person posting said
'3rd album' they really meant fourth ;)

They never wrote back to me when I asked if I could use their photos of the
appearance. But here is a tiny version of one of them. Shirley's hair is
growing out,
as you can tell in these, and in the recent Bono tribute appearance, and
also in the promo tape you found on eBay .. so I'm thinking they did the
promo very recently, too.

-Alan-