[Trash-talk] shirl on 'glue'/books

Mattex Hib-Igster mattex.subhuman at libero.it
Mon Mar 10 19:43:01 PST 2003

On 09/03/2003 at 13.57, Anette *Starvin Marvin* <bowdowntoanette at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Ooooh, what was the name of that Irvine Welch book Shirley mentioned in her
> diary?

sorry i don't remember that one.. but shirl said many times irvine
welsh is a writer she really likes.

> Now that I've gotten glasses I want to start reading books. I've
> tried it before but it hasn't been easy, but now I want to try again. Could
> you recomment me some good books?

well it's a matter of tastes.. mine are like irvine welsh
(trainspotting, filth, many more), anthony burgess (a clockwise
orange), john king, frank zappa auto-biography (very funny), jack kerouac (on the
road, i vagabondi del dharma -dunno its original title-), william
burroughs (beat generation again), george orwell (1984 and more), some
irish writers i never remember their names, but one was the author of
'the commitments'. shakespeare is also great.
or also howard mark's mr nice. but again, these are just my tastes.
for the in-topic part: you know shirl loves jt leroy.
i read his first book, quite well, but nothing marvellous in my humble
opinion.

--
>M<
"I'm born to rock'n'roll... I'm here to stay!" -Ozzy Osbourne
[now playing: the doors]