[Trash-talk] new garbage article on nme describing album 4

the menace sms52 at drexel.edu
Fri Jun 27 17:41:34 PDT 2003

new article on the fourth album on the nme - below is the text.

less weird than bg?! bring it on!  you hang with those bitches, duke!
stefanie

NEW MATERIAL - THAT'S GARBAGE!

GARBAGE are halfway through the recording of their fourth album and hope that
the follow-up to 2001's 'BEAUTIFUL GARBAGE' will be completed by October and
released early next year.

The new album is currently being recorded at drummer/producer Butch Vig's
Smart Studios in Wisconsin.

"It's a lot more raw," Vig told Rolling Stone. "There's been more live playing
and a lot more ad-libbing going on. Instead of really crafting the songs,
we're leaving them a lot looser."

He added, "We did a little bit of it on 'Beautiful Garbage,' but that album
was very eclectic. We're hoping that this is going to have more of a coherent
vibe."

Garbage began work on the new album after finishing a tour with No Doubt and
The Distillers last November.

Songs that might make it onto the album include, 'Hangin' With The Bitches,'
which Vig describes as "sort of a Talking Heads funky groove but a lot darker
and noisier" and 'Right Between The Eyes,' which he says "is more of a full-on
rock song that we're pretty chuffed with."