[Trash-talk] Catwoman comics with "Only Happy When It Rains" in their story titles. Kinda GR but kinda stretchin' it.

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 26 23:16:22 PDT 2003

I can't remember if enhanced HTML is allowed on Trash-talk. Anyway, here's something i posted on my community and thought 'what the hell, i'll post it here for those who might find it interesting'.

Okay, so there I was, minding my own business, doing a google search for "Only Happy When It Rains" dresses, when I discovered that there were actually *three issues of Catwoman comics that had titles with OHWIR in them :

Catwoman Vol. 2 #58 "Only Happy When It Rains: Mad Money"

Catwoman Vol. 2 #59 "Only Happy When It Rains, Part II: Fight or Flight"

Catwoman Vol. 2 #59 "Only Happy When It Rains: Kittens and Trees"

If this gets you all excited over Catwoman and makes you crave more info on her, go to The Unofficial Catwoman Biography !

I really wanted to find scans of those three OHWIR Catwoman comic adventures, but then realised that this took take forever. But I started to, going to the comiccat page of CATWOMAN COMIC SCANS !! And it's got a bunch of links to other comic book scan pages devoted to Catwoman. Who knew?!! Weeeeeee.

But wait ... what's this???? I FOUND A SYNOPSIS PAGE --> Catwoman 1998 (Issues 53 - 63) !!! I will briefly recap the adventures of Catwoman in the three OHWIR-named stories :

  Issue ....... Catwoman 58
  Subtitle .... Only Happy When It Rains: Mad Money
  Date ....... June 1998
  Writer(s) ... Devin K. Grayson
  Artist(s) ... Jim Balent, John Stanisci

  storyline ... Catwoman got back in business after the earthquake. Scarecrow escaped Arkham Asylum and began to seek her in order to test a new serum that only worked on females. He got to her through known associates. She escaped the encounter, but she was dosed with the serum.

  -------------------

  Issue ....... Catwoman 59
  Subtitle .... Only Happy When It Rains: Fight or Flight
  Date ....... July 1998
  Writer(s) ... Devin K. Grayson
  Artist(s) ... Jim Balent, John Stanisci

  storyline ... Trying to defeat the affects of Scarecrow, Catwoman went out (though afraid of open spaces, she was also afraid of being closed in) the next night. She was found by his men and herded back to his hideout - Gotham State University. During the chase, she realized her anger defeated the serum. She found and attacked Scarecrow. Thinking it could make her stronger, she took another dose of the serum.

  -------------------

  Issue ....... Catwoman 60
  Subtitle .... Only Happy When It Rains: Kittens and Trees
  Date ....... August 1998
  Writer(s) ... Devin K. Grayson
  Artist(s) .. Jim Balent, John Stanisci

  storyline ... Catwoman defeated her fear of dependency and took down the Scarecrow. She went out and set up the two men who'd recently offended her - a guard who tried to put some moves on her, and a kid who idolized her.

Those storyline summaries and the research that went into them were done by Jason for TheBatSquad.Net ! There are also scans of the covers of the three OHWIR Catwoman issues, at the site. But unfortunately, there are no hidden drawings of Shirley Manson woven into them. She would make a great villainous character in a Catwoman comic, I think.

This is about as trivial and ridiculous as Garbage 'news items' can probably get, but I'm just bummed at the incredible lack of *actual Garbage news* right now, so I guess I'm just creating some filler.

xo.......Alan