[Trash-talk] abandoned pools opinion on Garbage and their audience

mruci livegarbage at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 21:34:25 PDT 2003

I also became an AP fan after seeing them open for
Garbage last spring.  I think it's very ironic that he
points out heavy use of computer technology.  Like you
said, his whole album is based on that, probably more
so than the average Garbage album.  But he also uses a
lot of samples during live shows as well (ieieunny Day
and FlFlouroscene  If anyone was at the L.A. Roxy show
last year which AP headlined, he even made comments
before songs about getting his computer/keyboard
sampler in sync.  But whatever, he's a young artist
trying to be a little edgy and 'cool' during an
interview and making a name for himself.  If he
thought the G fans were bad... I'm sure they were a
lot better than the Pink fans of whom he had an even
worse tour opening for during the summer! ;)

That being said, I kinda agree with some things he
said.  Although he exaggerated lot of things, I too
wish Garbage would mix up some of their older stuff
when played live.  Maybe a new arrangement, acoustic
version, something to change things up a bit with the
old songs (like Smashing Pumpkins did... although not
always with good results), while also playing the
current album songs.  Aside from Shirl's dialog, their
shows sound too perfect! :D  But what would you expect
from the mega-producer boys.

Also you have to admit there are a lot of
teeney-bopper fan-girls who follow Garbage only
because of Shirley.  The majority? Probably not, but
still.  Don't believe me, just look at the official G
message board.  Bleh. Although it isn't as bad as the
Gwen fan-girls, not yet.  Mostly because of this,
seeing Garbage open for No Doubt last year was one of
the worst concert experiences I've ever had...  But to
each their own...

-
Live Garbage DirectConnect Hub
http://livegarbage.dyndns.org