[Trash-talk] Shirley on today's Good Day Live

Manson manson26 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 19 01:42:48 PDT 2003

I saw this about to start as I was just waking up.
Thank heaven I managed to get a video into my VCR in
time! Here's a transcript for you to read. Enjoy!

April

Good Day Live (National Show) June 18, 2003

Style File Segment with Jillian Barberie: Behind the
scenes of the In Style article featuring musicians and
their inspirations. Features Vanessa Carlton & Carole
King Interview and a Shirley Manson & Debbie Harry
Interview. All shown with Breaking Up the Girl playing
in the background.

<Interview with Vanessa & Carole>

Jillian: Posing for In Style cameras in New York,
that’s Shirley Manson of Garbage hanging out with her
idol, Deborah Harry. And, when asked why the legendary
singer of Blondie is an inspiration to her, Shirley
kind of felt embarrassed telling us.

Shirley (sitting next to Debbie): God, I didn’t
realize I was to have to say this in front of you.
This is horrible.

Debbie: Just deny everything.

<Shirley laughs out loud.>

Shirley: It’s all a horrible mistake.

Debbie: That’s right.

Shirley: It’s been a misunderstanding.

<Footage of Shirley and Debbie posing for pictures;
you can kind of make out Shirley saying something
similar to "I look ridiculous with you.">

Shirley: She’d be a good example of why we are
obsessed with cultural icons.

Debbie: Thank you.

Shirley: My pleasure.

Debbie: That was so nice.