[Trash-talk] NGR: a quick question..well, it's sorta garbage-related..

Alan Hoppe achoppe at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 5 15:37:47 PDT 2003

When I dub from one VCR to another, the sound levels are always unaltered - I can't alter them even if I want to! Basically whatever I had on the original (volumes etc) is what gets transferred. So, I would say that if you were able to alter the sound levels, you'd want to duplicate the sound levels of the original recording, or if anything, turn them UP but only to the point of going just slightly into the RED, so you get that full sound but with minimal distorition. There IS something to be said for having that loudness factor, but not to the point of distortion, because you can always just crank up the stereo/tv that you're rocking out with while watching!

Also, I always use the source VCR that I recorded the source tape on for playback -- and make the dub tape on a different VCR. VCRs seem to play their own tapes with the highest quality factor.

Not sure if this answers anything .. I see that Wilson E King has replied to, and he's the king of sound.

xo........Alan