[Trash-talk] last record?

Fox Mulder scully_itsme@hotmail.com
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 11:04:21 -0800

I, personally, think that that old cosmic phrase, "the future is always in
motion", applies to all things G. They may be, from this current view,
thinking "oh, this will be our last studio effort from where we're standing
now" - but as countless bands have proven again and again, things change and
they find themselves caught up in something new, something inspirational,
and before they know it, they're racing to get everything recorded once
again. They're artists - they could be basing a statement on their personal
lives and how they think that life, personally for each of them or
collectively as a whole, will change their ability to continue recording -
or they could be thinking that they won't have another *chance* to record,
if everything rides on the success of this next one to get another one put
out by the record company - who knows - but they are artists and I think
there's more of a chance of them wanting to continue collaborating together
on music than *not* continuing that artistic road. They count their
blessings in that regard, I think. They all realise how uniquely positive
their experience together is, from what I've read in interviews and seen in
the vibe between them. I think that they treat every musical moment like it
could be their last - which is probably a fun and smart way to do it - and
because of that, we cannot count on any statements that they themselves make
regarding the future! haha ;)

Of course, this is just what I'm thinking *right now* before having morning
coffee - so I could change my mind by noon ;) but I hope it's not their
last.

Mulder